Close Menu
Stratnews GlobalStratnews Global
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • AI Devices Could Replace Smartphones Soon
    • Trump Says U.S. Should Have Taken Bigger Intel Stake
    • India-Norway Partnership Boosts Science Cooperation
    • Iran Crypto Transactions Flow Through Tron And BNB Chain
    • Pope Leo AI Encyclical To Address Technology Risks
    • China Rare Earth Controls Raise U.S. Supply Concerns
    • Quantum AI Sovereignty Drives India’s Deep-Tech Push
    • MeitY Hosts Workshop On State Cyber Security
    • Support Us
    Stratnews GlobalStratnews Global
    Write for Us
    Tuesday, May 19
    • Space
    • Science
    • AI and Robotics
    • Industry News
    • Support Us
    Stratnews GlobalStratnews Global
    Home » Trump Says U.S. Should Have Taken Bigger Intel Stake

    Trump Says U.S. Should Have Taken Bigger Intel Stake

    StratNewsGlobal Tech TeamBy StratNewsGlobal Tech TeamMay 19, 2026 Business No Comments3 Mins Read
    Intel Stake

    Trump Says U.S. Should Have Taken Bigger Intel Stake

    U.S. President Donald Trump said he believes the U.S. government should have secured a larger stake in Intel after the administration’s investment in the chipmaker surged in value.

    In an interview with Fortune magazine published on Monday, Trump said he “should have asked for more” when the administration acquired a 10 per cent stake in Intel and committed around 10 billion U.S. dollars to support factory construction and expansion in the United States.

    Eight months after the agreement, the government’s holding in Intel has reportedly increased in value to more than 50 billion U.S. dollars.

    “Do I get credit for it? Does anybody even know I did that?” Trump told Fortune during the interview.

    Trump Highlights Intel Investment Gains

    The administration’s investment formed part of broader efforts to strengthen domestic semiconductor manufacturing and reduce reliance on overseas chip production.

    When asked about a possible exit strategy, Trump said he believed the government could gradually sell its shares over time without sharply affecting Intel’s stock price.

    He also argued that Intel should have maintained a dominant global position in the semiconductor industry.

    “Intel should be the biggest company in the world right now,” Trump said.

    Trump referred to the market dominance of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and suggested Intel could have captured much of that business under different trade policies.

    Tariffs And Semiconductor Competition

    Trump said stronger tariffs on imported chips could have protected Intel from losing ground to foreign competitors.

    “If I had been president when all these companies started sending their chips in from China, I would have put a tariff on that would have protected Intel,” he said.

    The comments reflect Trump’s continued support for tariff-based trade policies aimed at boosting domestic manufacturing and strategic industries.

    Beijing Visit Ends Without Major Breakthroughs

    Fortune reported that Trump gave the interview before his first visit to Beijing since 2017. The trip concluded on Friday without major progress on trade issues.

    The report also said the visit produced no tangible assistance from Beijing in efforts to end the more than two-month-old U.S.-Israeli war involving Iran.

    Despite the lack of major diplomatic breakthroughs, Trump continued to emphasise economic nationalism and domestic industrial investment during the interview.

    The administration’s backing of Intel remains one of the largest government-supported investments in the U.S. semiconductor sector. The move aimed to expand manufacturing capacity and strengthen the country’s position in the global chip industry amid rising international competition.

    With inputs from Reuters

    Author

    • StratNewsGlobal Tech Team
      StratNewsGlobal Tech Team
      View all posts
    Featured
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp
    StratNewsGlobal Tech Team
    • Website

    Keep Reading

    AI Devices Could Replace Smartphones Soon

    India-Norway Partnership Boosts Science Cooperation

    Iran Crypto Transactions Flow Through Tron And BNB Chain

    Pope Leo AI Encyclical To Address Technology Risks

    China Rare Earth Controls Raise U.S. Supply Concerns

    Quantum AI Sovereignty Drives India’s Deep-Tech Push

    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Anti Drone System (CUAS)
    Latest Posts

    AI Devices Could Replace Smartphones Soon

    May 19, 2026

    Trump Says U.S. Should Have Taken Bigger Intel Stake

    May 19, 2026

    India-Norway Partnership Boosts Science Cooperation

    May 19, 2026

    Iran Crypto Transactions Flow Through Tron And BNB Chain

    May 19, 2026

    Pope Leo AI Encyclical To Address Technology Risks

    May 19, 2026

    China Rare Earth Controls Raise U.S. Supply Concerns

    May 18, 2026

    Quantum AI Sovereignty Drives India’s Deep-Tech Push

    May 18, 2026

    MeitY Hosts Workshop On State Cyber Security

    May 18, 2026

    Modi Meets Dutch Companies To Boost India Investment

    May 18, 2026

    Tata Electronics And ASML Sign Semiconductor Fab Agreement

    May 18, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

    • Astronomical Events
    • Space Missions
    • Industry News
    • Science
    StratNewsGlobal Tech
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram LinkedIn YouTube
    © 2026 StratNews Global, A unit of BharatShakti Communications LLP
    • About Us
    • Contributors
    • Copyright
    • Contact
    • Write for Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.