Close Menu
Stratnews GlobalStratnews Global
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • HSBC AI Jobs Shift Reshapes Banking Workforce
    • Google Blackstone Venture Targets AI Cloud Growth
    • Telekom Malaysia Fraud Case Hits US Court
    • Anthropic Cyber Risks Briefing Alarms Regulators
    • China Expands Desert-Control Projects To Protect Farmland In Xinjiang
    • China Flood AI Strategy Expands Amid Rising Risks
    • G7 Rare Earths Push Gains Urgency
    • Elon Musk’s OpenAI Lawsuit Rejected by U.S. Jury
    • Support Us
    Stratnews GlobalStratnews Global
    Write for Us
    Wednesday, May 20
    • Space
    • Science
    • AI and Robotics
    • Industry News
    • Support Us
    Stratnews GlobalStratnews Global
    Home » Telekom Malaysia Fraud Case Hits US Court

    Telekom Malaysia Fraud Case Hits US Court

    Arushi PandeyBy Arushi PandeyMay 20, 2026 World No Comments3 Mins Read
    Telekom Malaysia fraud

    US Charges Telekom Malaysia Executives Over $20 Million Fraud Scheme

    The United States has charged three senior employees of Telekom Malaysia over an alleged scheme to misappropriate more than $20 million from the Malaysian state telecommunications firm, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

    Authorities accused Mohd Hafiz Lockman, Mohd Yuzaimi Yusof, and Khanh Thuong Nguyen, who held senior roles at TM’s U.S. subsidiary, of using forged records and false statements to siphon company funds between July 2020 and February 2026.

    Alleged Scheme Spanned Several Years

    According to U.S. prosecutors, the three executives deceived suppliers, counterparties, auditors and supervisors in the United States through falsified corporate documentation and fraudulent transactions.

    “These three individuals are alleged to have conducted a deliberate and calculated embezzlement scheme, falsifying corporate records for their own financial benefit,” FBI Assistant Director in Charge James C. Barnacle Jr. said in a statement.

    Mohd Hafiz was arrested at San Francisco International Airport. Meanwhile, Mohd Yuzaimi and Nguyen surrendered to authorities last month. Prosecutors charged the trio with wire fraud conspiracy, wire fraud and aggravated identity theft.

    The accused could not immediately be reached for comment. TM also did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

    Prosecutors Detail False Sales And Inflated Costs

    The U.S. indictment alleged that the defendants diverted millions of dollars from TM into bank accounts under their control.

    On one occasion, prosecutors said TM approved a sale of eight terabytes of network capacity to a U.S. multinational company for $54 million. However, investigators alleged that the customer only purchased six terabytes.

    Authorities claimed the defendants then sold the excess capacity to other firms and channelled proceeds from those sales through a sham company.

    In addition, prosecutors accused the executives of inflating cable purchase costs and redirecting nearly $2.9 million in payments into controlled bank accounts.

    The DOJ also alleged that the group submitted fabricated work expenses to secure fraudulent reimbursements from the company.

    AI-Assisted Impersonation Allegedly Used

    Investigators further alleged that the defendants impersonated employees and interns in order to collect salaries linked to those identities.

    According to the DOJ, the scheme also involved the use of an AI-assisted imposter during an interaction with human resources staff.

    Separately, the Justice Department said it declined to file charges against TM itself after the company self-reported the misconduct and agreed to cooperate with investigators.

    Earlier this year, Reuters reported that the DOJ was introducing a policy designed to encourage companies to disclose criminal misconduct voluntarily in exchange for reduced penalties and other incentives.

     

    With inputs from Reuters

    Author

    • Arushi Pandey
      Arushi Pandey
      View all posts
    Featured
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp
    Arushi Pandey

      Keep Reading

      HSBC AI Jobs Shift Reshapes Banking Workforce

      Google Blackstone Venture Targets AI Cloud Growth

      Anthropic Cyber Risks Briefing Alarms Regulators

      China Expands Desert-Control Projects To Protect Farmland In Xinjiang

      China Flood AI Strategy Expands Amid Rising Risks

      G7 Rare Earths Push Gains Urgency

      Add A Comment
      Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

      Anti Drone System (CUAS)
      Latest Posts

      HSBC AI Jobs Shift Reshapes Banking Workforce

      May 20, 2026

      Google Blackstone Venture Targets AI Cloud Growth

      May 20, 2026

      Telekom Malaysia Fraud Case Hits US Court

      May 20, 2026

      Anthropic Cyber Risks Briefing Alarms Regulators

      May 20, 2026

      China Expands Desert-Control Projects To Protect Farmland In Xinjiang

      May 19, 2026

      China Flood AI Strategy Expands Amid Rising Risks

      May 19, 2026

      G7 Rare Earths Push Gains Urgency

      May 19, 2026

      Elon Musk’s OpenAI Lawsuit Rejected by U.S. Jury

      May 19, 2026

      AI Devices Could Replace Smartphones Soon

      May 19, 2026

      Trump Says U.S. Should Have Taken Bigger Intel Stake

      May 19, 2026

      Subscribe to News

      Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

      • Astronomical Events
      • Space Missions
      • Industry News
      • Science
      StratNewsGlobal Tech
      Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram LinkedIn YouTube
      © 2026 StratNews Global, A unit of BharatShakti Communications LLP
      • About Us
      • Contributors
      • Copyright
      • Contact
      • Write for Us

      Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.